Monday, May 15, 2017

The Great Escape Artist Q + A :: CHILDCARE




Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with CHILDCARE.


London alt-indie quartet CHILDCARE - fronted by ex-To Kill A King member Ed Cares - finished 2016 playing in front of thousands as part of Bastille’s nationwide arena tour. This year has seen the release of their 'Made Simple' EP last month which featured killer singles ‘Film Club’ and ‘Kiss?’


1. First time at TGE?

Not for me. I've played twice before I think, but with my last band. It's really fun.

2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?

I nearly paid to go as a punter two years ago but went to Field Day instead.

3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?

We'll just be popping in and out this time, I have a very important game of table tennis against my longtime rival James Tarris on Sunday morning.

4. The highlight of your set will be...?

When I trip over and fall off the the stage. If this doesn't happen then probably the middle 8 of our penultimate song.

5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?

As keen taxidermists, we shall be found stuffing fish on the beach.



6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?

At the moment I'm actually sick in bed with tonsillitis which has been shockingly painful and uncomfortable: I have a real new found appreciation for tonsillitis sufferers. The amount of stringy spit that I've had to spit into a glass to avoid swallowing has been fascinating. I've been running it through my fingers and seeing how far it will stretch. My point being, that if I don't get better we won't be playing or doing anything down there and all of these wisecrack answers will have been a waste.

7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?

I would recommend our buddies Jagara who are playing on Thursday. I think. And Frank Gamble. Our guitarist loves Estrons. And a brilliant singer and producer called Alyss.

8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.

Saturday, 3.30PM. Queens Hotel.

9. Any tips for festival goers?

Wear sensible shoes and don't drink too much.

10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...

because...we won't be the best thing there, but we'll be better than most.

(Questions answered by vocalist Ed Cares)

Track Childcare on FACEBOOK

The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment